|Carlos Nino in London, UK|
|Latinos in London Magazine on 2016-08-02|
Brazilian star Luísa Maita’s new album Fio da Memória (Thread of Memory) is coming out Sep. 23 in Canada, Sep. 30 in US and various fall dates internationally depending on territory, along with a US & Canada tour . UK & Europe dates to be revealed soon.
The second album from the Brazilian star has strong downtempo electronica flavors that capture an exciting new musical direction. Dreamy, sexy and undeniably cool, this record has the potential to be a huge crossover success.
The first single, “Fio da Memória” will be launched August 12th.
• Praised by NPR as "The New Voice of Brazil", Luísa Maita received the Brazilian equivalent of the GRAMMY for Best New Artist in 2011.
• Exciting new musical direction bridges sultry downtempo electronica and Brazilian popular music. With Fio da Memória, Luísa has boldly redefined the sound of modern Brazil.
• Luísa has recently recorded with Da Lata and Ladytron and has collaborated with some of the biggest names in Brazilian music, including Lenine, João Donato, Caetano Veloso, Maria Gadú, Mariana Aydar and many others.
• Luísa has performed at major festivals, radio stations and concert venues across the globe, including Jazz at Lincoln Center, the Google Zeitgiest conference, Apple headquarters, KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic," NPR's "Tiny Desk", Blogotheque and more.
• Luísa singing will be featured on upcoming opening ceremony for the Olympics in Brazil.
• Her voice has previously been featured on the Rio Olympic Bid campaign video, at the London 2012 Olympics and on numerous high-profile films and commercials, including two placements in the Academy Award-winning film Boyhood.
More info visit: www.luisamaita.com